Whats the better buy? and what's the difference?
Whats the better buy? and what's the difference?
Costs are pretty much the same and so is the programming. The biggest difference was when they first came out Siriu didn't have as good a signal but now there really isn't much difference at all other than Sirius has NFL, Nascar (starting this year), and SEC sports. XM has ACC, PAC-10, Big 10 and Major League Baseball.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Sirius actually doesnt do a conference deal with colleges like XM has with the ACC. Although you will find most SEC, Big-12, PAC-10, and Big 10 teams on Sirius, as well as Notre Dame. Sirius also has rights to the NCAA bball tournament.
Plus, all of Sirius music channels are commercial free, as to where XM is starting to run a few more commercials on music stations like they used to after going "commercial free" for about a year and half on all music stations.
Sports is definitely the greatest dividing line between the two. News and music is pretty much the same, and you have your political stations with the same background, but different personalities on them. Much like Howard Stern on Sirius vs. Opie and Anthony(XM) on the non-politcal aspect.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I would look for both to start going to more commercials on music channels since they both are having money problems and need to generate revenue.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Possibly, but Sirius never has luckily, plus after years of being the leader, XM is feeling some serious damage due to Sirius major swing in subscribers in 06. The addition of NASCAR to Sirius, and loss by XM will probably further swing the gap.
Had it not been for XM's contract with GM that gave them a huge lead early, they would really be hurting right now. Sirius's biggest problem is that they spent a lot of money early to get the extra benefits. Its finally starting to catch up to those debts as to where now XM is losing it.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
if you are buying for sports the sirus is the way to go.
if music is more your thing them XM is better because I find Sirius tends to do more of the hits and XM hits the hits and also digs deep into album tracks. for example Sirus will play Def Leppard, the songs will mostly be "greatest hits" songs where as XM will play "Pour Some Sugar On Me" then turn around and you will hear "Die Hard The Hunter" or "High & Dry"
Personaly I like my XM better. We have both right now because the car we bought had Sirius already turned on and we have our XM and we hardly ever listen to Sirius
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks